Ingredients: Organic Raspberry Leaf
Brew: 1 teaspoon per 250mls at 90◦C for up to 3-5 minutes
Serve: On it’s own
Properties: Strengthens the muscles in the womb to help through labour
Storage: Cool dark pantry in an air tight container or tin
Caffeine Free: Yes
ORGANIC - Raspberry Leaf Tea
It is believed raspberry leaf, if taken regularly through pregnancy and labour can:
- Ease the symptoms of morning sickness.
- Sooth and prevent bleeding gums which many pregnant women often experience.
- Relax the smooth muscles of the uterus when it is contracting.
- Assist with the birth of the baby and the placenta.
- Calm cramping of the uterus.
- Provide a rich source of iron, calcium, manganese and magnesium. The magnesium content is especially helpful in strengthening the uterine muscles. Raspberry leaf also contains vitamins B1, B3 and E which are valuable in pregnancy.
Raspberry leaf is also used for the following:
- To aid fertility.
- To promote a plentiful supply of breastmilk.
- To help stop excess bleeding after birth.
- To treat diarrhoea.
- To regulate irregular menstrual cycle and decreases heavy periods.
- To relieve sore throats.
- To reduce fever.
It is thought that around one fifth of pregnant women take some form of raspberry leaf. Women believe that it will shorten labour and make the birth easier. The use of this herb for remedial purposes dates back to the sixth century and its benefits in childbirth have been recorded as a proven aid in maternity in the most ancient of herbal books.
Please consult your health care practitioner before taking raspberry leaf.
Please refer to FAQ's.